This is hands down the most delicious kale salad I've tried. Hand massaging kale helps to soften the nutrient-dense leaves and makes it easier for your body to absorb all its goodness.
KALE WITH CREAMED AVOCADO AND LEMON SALAD OR WRAP
• 1 medium bunch organic kale (any type), stemmed and torn by hand best (find your veggies at your local farmers' market)
• 1 organic avocado, pitted and flesh removed
• 1 organic lemon, juiced
• 2 1/2 tbsp organic leeks, white parts, washed and thinly sliced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 3 radishes, sliced paper-thin or with a mandolin
• 1/2 tsp sea salt best (Himal Salt)
Add the kale, avocado, and lemon juice. With your hands, press to cream the avocado until thoroughly mixed.
Mix in the leeks, tomatoes, and some of the radishes, reserving a bit of the radishes for garnish.
Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
Slice cucumbers lengthwise with a 1/8 inch thickness with a mandolin (easiest) or knife. Place on the center of a plate and connect two cucumber strips and fold to form a round border. Fill with a generous amount of kale salad. Or as a healthy to-go snack, make it a wrap.
Recipe credit: Rouxbe Plant-Based Cooking Certification Course